MANK is implementing Emergency and recovery activities on GBV and Protection (GBV/p) Project in the partnership with CARE since March 2016. The main goal of this project is: To support strong integration of gender in WASH, Shelter, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) program and projects and to strengthen GBV prevention and response in the project districts, including through increasing technical GBV capacity of staff, partners and stakeholders and support in referral service to GBV survivors. Details information of project is as below:
Name of Project: Emergency and Recovery Activities on GBV and Protection (GBV/P)
Project duration: November 2017
Partner Organization: CARE Nepal
Funded BY: CARE Canada appeal fund (CCA)
Working area of Project: Bhotang, Baruwa, Banskharka, Duwachaur, Lagarche, Thakani VDCs of sindhupalchowk in old structure and Panchpokhari thampal rural municipality and melamchi municipality in new structure.
Objective of project:
• To support in gender integration throughout CARE and partner organizations across all sectors (WASH, Shelter, Food Security and Livelihoods)
• To build up capacity of GBV staff and partners and all CARE and partner staff across all sectors has on GBV including PSEA & referral protocol.
• To enhance the knowledge of GBV and its legal implications and GBV referral pathways
• To raise up the hidden GBV cases form community through awareness raising activities to student and community based groups and increase the number of case for getting referral service
Major activities of project are:
• Capacity building training of DDC/ VDC level stakeholders and staffs on GBV and Protection
• Ward level orientation on GBV and Protection (9 wards *2 times in per year)
• School based Activities against GBV and Protection(Extracurricular activities and Orientation)
• Radio messaging program
• Home visit
• Street Drama
• DDC/VDC Level Interaction Program
• Day Celebration (March 8, HT Day, 16 Days Campaign, and other …….)
• Case management and support in referral service to survivors
• Produce and distribution of IEC materials.